Park Center, Room E-254
Jerry Casciani (Chair), JoEllen Bailey, Colleen Buchanan, Shirley Cahill, Luis Columna, Diane Craft, Tim Davis, John Foley, Tom Fuchs, Kath Howarth, Mike Kniffin, Eric Malmberg, Tom Quinn, Jeff Walkuski, William Williams, Virginia Wright, Stephen Yang
For a listing of adjunct faculty see the Faculty and Administration section.
Bachelor of Science in Education in Physical Education
Adapted Physical Education
The purpose of the B.S.Ed. program is teacher preparation for elementary and secondary schools. Concentrations are available for students who already have an interest in a specific aspect of physical education. The program includes theory, activity courses and student teaching experiences.
- Study abroad, including study in Germany and University of Ballarat in Australia
- Student teaching at The University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia
- Coaching certification for non-physical education majors
New York State coaching certification for non-physical education majors is offered as a Web-based program, non-credit, through the Center for Educational Exchange, Van Hoesen Hall, Room A-11, (607) 753-4214.
Courses offered include:
- Philosophy, Principles and Organization of Athletics
- Health Sciences Applied to Coaching (Responding to Emergencies/First Aid)
- Theory and Techniques of Coaching
- Degree Requirements listed here.
- Liberal Arts Requirements: 60 credit hours.
- In order to enter and continue to move through the following professional block sequence, students must have and must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average in PED 201, 356, EDU 255, 256, 355, 454, 455 and 456.
- It should be noted that students wishing to change their major to physical education will enter a competitive pool for limited slots.