A major in biochemistry provides a strong foundation for post-graduate study in the field, and prepares students for health-science related careers including medicine, dentistry, allied health and pharmacy. Students with biochemistry degrees also go onto careers in business, forensics, and the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. For more information about this program, contact the Chemistry Department .
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the foundational material in the field of Biochemistry
- Integrate knowledge across the fields of Chemistry and Biology
- Retrieve, analyze, and interpret peer-reviewed literature in the field of Biochemistry
- Communicate science effectively through written reports, oral presentations and discussion
- Design and carry out experiments that answer scientific questions in the field of Biochemistry