In this major in the Modern Languages Department , students develop oral and written Spanish language and culture skills that, combined with preparation in related disciplines, lead to a wide variety of career options.
- Business: International trade, bilingual consultant, translator, customer support agent
- Government: Diplomacy, FBI, National Security Agency, Border patrol, immigration agencies, government or court translator
- Writing: Newspapers, trade publications, book publishers, websites need bilingual translators, proofreaders, writers, editors
- Tourism and hospitality: Interpreter, guide, bilingual travel agent, study abroad coordinator or director
- Education: Teaching in private schools or in a private sector, pursue masters and/or doctorate to become a college professor